Frankie

Friday, June 11, 2010

I went to the shack this week with two of my friends just for a holiday, but i will blog about it in the coming days after i edit a couple of photos... (who am i kidding!? Lisa is editing a couple of the photos for me! :) But in the meantime i have something to share:

I have found a new love! Thanks to my friend Jasmine who got me onto it!!!
It is a magazine called Frankie. I absolutely love it! At the top it says: "Art* Fashion* Music* Craft* Life*" ...
On the Frankie website it says this: frankie magazine is a national bi-monthly based in Australia, aimed at women (and men) looking for a magazine that’s as smart, funny, sarcastic, friendly, cute, rude, arty, curious and caring as they are.


It is filled with all sorts of cool things! It has pages filled with thumbnails of all little crafty bits and pieces that Mrs Make it Perfect (who i know is reading this!) would absolutely love. There are a few pages a lot like Etsy... Toni, you would be drooling.




There is lots of cool art filling up the pages that i LOVE LOVE LOVE! (cant make these pics any bigger)



Heaps and heaps of photography that made me think of Lisa and Fiona who would just LOVE the style and look that some of the photographers use!!!

I especially thought of Lisa with this article about cameras, and the photo shoot of caravans...




It's not all about those things though. It also has book reviews, recipes, music reviews, and the most amazing articles about the coolest stuff!!!!

My favourites from the latest issue include:
"everybody has a story" which is about & written by a 21 year old girl with Cerebral Palsy.

"five things your nanna was doing by the time she was your age" which is pretty self explanatory...

"iraq in real life" which is about an 18 year old blogger who lives in iraq (VERY cool!)

I'm a bit sad that it only comes out every second month, but it is also good coz it costs $8.95. But it is very worth it! I love it to pieces and it is a lot more interesting than trashy mags about which celebrity hooked up with who...
Give it a go, if you're into this sort of thing- it doesn't disappoint!!
Thanks Jasmine! :)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

The Kings said...

ha ha - love how you think of me with the photography! Makes me sounds like I'm obsessed! Who am I kidding - I am :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your new find of magazine. I have never seen it before but will keep an eye out for it next time I am at the newsagent. I agree sick of trashy mags, the only ones I ever read these days are cooking ones, Donna Hay and Master chef! This could be something a little more interesting.

The Jacks said...

I was so pleased when i found it, it is so fresh and different.. ive only ever seen it sold in birchalls or a newsagent :) comes out every second month on the 23rd..

Chelsea Parsons said...

Its good hey! Ive been getting it for over a year. Sits by my loo!

Nettie's Blog said...

i was just about to tell you that my daughter buys that mag and there she was commenting that she has been getting it for over a year....
and that seculded beach looked like a place called Sloop Rock.... "Himself" and i used to go camping there when we were first married...very nice place....we used to catch crayfish there ..we lived on fish the whole holidays..... mmmm must check that place out again ...but i am not a camper..prefer the luxury of my own nice bed now...old bones like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...