I love to see the temple...

Monday, June 6, 2011

On Saturday the 4th June Morgan and I went to the temple for the first time ever. A temple is a sacred building in our church, where we can go to make further sacred covenants and to feel of the love of God.


In short, it was quite possibly the best day of my life.

I hardly have the words to describe the day. It was such a beautiful and sacred place. The peace that is felt there is like no other. I felt of the love that my Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ have for me, much stronger than ever before, and received further testimony of the truths that i hold close to my heart.


In the weeks leading up to our trip i had the primary song "I love to see the temple" in my head..


"I love to see the temple.
I’m going there someday
To feel the Holy Spirit,
To listen and to pray.


For the temple is a house of God,
A place of love and beauty.
I’ll prepare myself while I am young;
This is my sacred duty.


I love to see the temple.
I’ll go inside someday.
I’ll cov’nant with my Father;
I’ll promise to obey.


For the temple is a holy place
Where we are sealed together.
As a child of God, I’ve learned this truth:
A fam’ly is forever."
 

I feel so blessed that i was able to finally go inside this special place, and will always hold this trip very close to my heart.


The temple is the house of the Lord.




No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

make it perfect said...

I'm so happy for you Mak! What an awesome experience and looks like you went over with a very special group of people.
Xxx

The Kings said...

What a great day. Morgan looks beautiful in those pics (and you of course, but that's just given! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...