Saying Goodbye

Thursday, November 18, 2010

The past month has been a bit of a blur! Things were crazy at school with it being our last month ever. It is hard to believe that i have now finished grade 12, and never have to go to school again.
I was generally happy to be finishing, i was very over it. But i was sad about a couple of things. I will miss seeing my friend every single day. We formed such a great bond spending so much time together. (a post about this later)..

I am also going to miss seeing some teachers. There have been a few over the past 6 years at St Pats that have really made a difference in my life. Three in particular have stood out to me, and i am really going to miss seeing them everyday. They are three of the kindest and most loving people i have ever met, and became more like my friends than my teachers.

The first is Mrs Crawford. (Below)


She was my art teacher for both grade 11 and 12. She is AWESOME! She is so casual, and easy going. She has the best sense of humour (even when Olivia called her the B word as a joke!) she would come and chat to us during class and joke around, and make us laugh.

She helped us with our work, and always went the extra mile. In my last week before the exhibition went up she was helping me for four days straight! She even got a paint brush out and was painting alongside me. When i wanted to give up and stop painting the rest of the pictures she encouraged me to keep going. She did everything she could to make sure my paintings were looking great for the exhibition.

She doesn't stress out - even when i had a massive stress about my art and the exhibition she would just calmly say "don't stress, it is fine"..
She's such a cutie and we all absolutely love her to bits. I have never heard of anyone who doesn't like her! And i have especially never heard anyone say a bad word about her. She's too nice. I am really grateful for all that she did for me over the last two years. My heart would sink on the days she wasn't at school and we had a relief teacher, as we would miss seeing her happy face!
She even let us buy hot chips almost every art lesson in term 3 because we always complained that we were hungry.

I love Mrs Crawford to bits, and i am really sad to be leaving her!!!

(remember she is pictured ABOVE)

The second is Mrs Slevec. (Below)



You can read HER blog HERE

She was my English Studies teacher in grade 11 and my English Writing teacher in grade 12. I got to know her on a deeper level than just a student teacher friendship. I discovered that we have more in common than just our love of books, and that she is actually pretty cool!

She is really funny and is always making me laugh. :) She was a good teacher too, and always gave me second chances to hand in assignments. =p She went the extra mile for me on more than one occasion. I was overwhelmed by her kindness and love!
She put up with a lot in our writing class, but was still able to teach us properly, and get us to produce our best work for our final folio.
She let us have a writers cafe, and eat ice cream in class (post about that to come too!) she even used to let me snap away with my camera and go on blogs!

She is heaps of fun, and i am so glad we were able to become friends. I am going to miss her heaps! She made class heaps of FUN! :)


And the third is Ms Owers.


Ms Owers was my tutor (homeroom) teacher from grade 8 to grade 12. She was also my religion teacher in grade 9 and 12. Over the years her kindness and love overwhelmed me. I have never met anyone like her.

Walking into tutor of a morning was that much better with a "good morning" and a smile from Tracey.
She is always kind, and i have only heard her yell twice. I have never heard anyone say a bad word about her. All i ever hear (in the corridor) is "Tracey is soooo lovely" "Ms Owers is THE nicest person" "I just looove ms owers!" and of course, people are constantly talking about her clothes! She looks so good every single day, and people are always talking about it!

She looked after me like my second mum. She bought us flowers when we went to the ball, she was always there when i wanted to talk, and her office is like my second bedroom. When my psych IP went crazy she sat down with me and fixed it. She is always there with chocolate when you need it.

I have to say that i am going to miss her the most. She is just awesome, and has become one of my dearest friends. She knows how much she means to me, and i know that we can continue to be friends even though i have finished school. I wouldn't be the person i am today without her in my life.

I feel so blessed to have been in her tutor and to have become her friend.



I am so sad about leaving these three awesome teachers!!! I want to thank them for teaching me and for making such a difference in my life! I love them to bits, and wanted to share how awesome they are, with everyone :) :)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Anonymous said...

What i <3 about thisnpost is the fact that you are wearing a strange outfit in EVERY picture! Cuteness!!!!

The Kings said...

They sound like awesome teachers. It is those types of teachers who make a difference in your whole life, not just in class at school.

Gina Slevec said...

Awww, Makayla - so beautiful! Just like you x x x

Simone Triffitt said...

Awwh that was lovely Mak!! I can't remember such nice teachers when I was there. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...