Books

Saturday, November 27, 2010

As i'm packing my stuff to move back home on the weekend i am sorting through things and just throwing stuff out that i don't need anymore. I want to have less clutter and more space. I have been busy packing my books, and i didn't realise how big a job it was.

I seem to have SO many, but nowhere to put them. I don't want to throw any out. I think the solution is to buy a bigger, new bookcase when i am in my new room. One day i would love to have an office with bookcases from floor to ceiling, filled with books. I love to read, and want to keep my collection growing! I thought i'd share my collection so far...

I have the books on the bookcase, which are two rows thick (you can't tell in the pic as some are packed already)


Then there is the pile of books that belong to other people, that need to be returned...



Then there are the boxes of books that have already been packed...


Then there is the pile of art journals and magazines beside the bookcase...



Then there is the shelf on my desk that holds the ones that don't fit on the bookcase...



And then there is the piles of books all around the room that reside on the floor, or in the wardrobe because they just don't have anywhere else to go...


Some say that i have too many books.
It may not surprise you that i have a HUGE list of books that i want to buy, and that i asked for about ten for christmas. I have decided that i do not have too many.
I like my books, and i want to keep them all, and keep my collection growing, what do you think?

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Melinda said...

You can never have too many books. Besides, they are good insulation and sound proofing for your room.

Unknown said...

Great collection and good variety! Noticed Maeve Binchy in your collection you may also like Monica Mcenerny. SHe is an Australian writer who writes books based in Australia and Ireland Easy to read which is good for me at the moment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...