DIY

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Waaaay back in February i embarked on a little DIY project. I was sick of all the books laying on my bedroom floor..

I was thinking of buying a new bookcase, and also some kind of table for the other side of the bed as every time Kiara came over she complained that she needed a place to sit her stuff. Mum then said see what we already have in the shed that isn't being used. I found a bookcase and a table! - perfect!

I decided Morgan (because she is my sister) and Kiara (because she wanted a table in the first place) were going to help me revamp them. Because the bookcase was so old Morgan chopped the bottom, rotting part off and we turned it upside down.


This is the table we started with. It used to hold our tv years and years ago!


It was probably the worst day we could have chosen to do it as it was super duper hot! Hence the not many clothes on thing happening.


I decided to paint the table bright blue... I wanted red but there wasn't much paint left, so blue it was. The finished product :)


Perfect for sitting things on :)


For the bookcase Chey and I painted it pink, and then white over the top. We then scratched it back so the pink showed through in a rough way. I really like the look.



Now there are no more books all over the floor and Kiara has a place to put her cups! :p


Since then my room looks nothing like this as Morgan has moved out there with me (which has been 'fun') haha. When it is cleaner than it is now i will take some pics and share them.

P.S. that doona cover on my bed was $20.. And it is a king sized doona! Love a good bargain! :)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

L!$@ said...

Awesome work! I totally want to do something DIY now! :D

The Kings said...

looks great!

Cullis Family said...

Love the rustic look of the bookcase!

emjay1000 said...

You failed to mention all the work your MOTHER did sanding the bookcase back! And that the white over the pink was her idea!!!! Looks good tho! Not the pigsty it is at mo!!! ;-)

Bekah said...

This is Great! Proud of your efforts it looks great! Love the rustic white pink bookshelf espesh! How satisfying is it to decorate your own room? :)
xx

Simone Triffitt said...

No NO!!! I saw Morgan's room when she was inside!!! You are way neater. Sorry Morgs;)

I love the look of the bookcase.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...