Giving it a go...

Friday, July 23, 2010

I have gone a little crazy and decided to try this blog everyday for a month thing. Not too sure how it is going to go- but a plus side is that i have found a way to blog at Grandad's. If i websize my pictures in photoshop they upload to my blog one at a time just fine! (Three cheers for photoshop!) If i feel i have nothing at all to blog about on a particular day then i just wont bother, but i get up to a lot that i never get around to blogging about! We'll see how this goes! =P

Yesterday i was searching my room from top to bottom looking for the receipt to my hair straightener as it is broken! (not a big tragedy i can hear you say) But- it is a GHD, the best you can get, and cost around $300 if you dont have an old one to trade in for a discount.. And i would much rather send mine away to be fixed than pay out another $300 dollars!

Anyway- i searched my room. My filing system works like this- get a piece of mail, recipt, etc and throw it in my second drawer of my desk. Lazy and stupid really. I can never find anything! So i pulled out every piece of paper in the drawer and threw it on the floor- which of course looked like this:


I searched through it ALL and couldn't find it. Put about ten important pieces of paper (recipts to stereo, tax papers etc) back in the drawer.. (Admitedly i DID throw them back in in no particular order) .. And then decided to scoop up the rest and toss it in the fire! It sure kept me toasty warm for a while! :)


By this time i was VERY annoyed.. I had searched for around 40 minutes for the recipt and still couldn't find it! I decided to give up and threw myself on my bed. I layed back, closed my eyes and thought "Oh, i should have prayed about it!" ...
And as soon as i got up to pray about where my recipt could be i felt the Holy Ghost speak to me- showing me a VERY clear picture in my head of exactly where my receipt was. I walked over, opened the bottom drawer, pulled out a Harry Potter folder, and there inside was the recipt i had been searching for, exactly where i was told it was!!!


I was absolutely kicking myself for not praying in the first place and saving myself 40 minutes of wasted study time!!!

I sure know what i will be doing from now on!!!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Anonymous said...

Maybe you were just meant to get that drawer cleaned out!!

Chelsea Parsons said...

Hey MAkayla I meant to tell you this when I saw this post but better late than never hey! I bought my GHD from this website for only $125 and free postage.
http://www.ghdhair-iv.com/GHD-Radiance-Set.html
Also bought my mother in law one too and havent had any problems. Your photos are looking great. Its nice to see the change in them. Love Chelsea

The Jacks said...

Thanks Chelsea :)
It was actually JUST under warranty (by like a month) - so we sent it away and they are sending me a brand new one!! Yippee! :) Thanks anyway L)
And thanks about my photos! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...