Women's 5k run

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

This is the first post of my new I'm-going-to-try-not-to-neglect-my-blog-so-much-so-i-am-going-to-blog-everyday-for-at-least-a-month plan...

This was a while back! Morgan and i heard about the women's 5k run from a friend on facebook and decided we would go in it. The run raises money and awareness for breast cancer ...

I was wishing i had my camera with me but didn't want to run with it! Luckily my friend James was there and snapped this picture of us and my friend Georgia at the end :)

It was a scorching hot day! And yes, we ran with sunnies on ...


James caught me just as i crossed the finish line :P




Morgan and I had fun - we were glad we did it and not too worried about what number or time we came...


They had lots of sponsors - lots who gave free merchandise at the end. I would have preferred we got nothing and they put that money instead towards breast cancer...

One of the sponsors was Pycsam - and two instructors did a "warm up" before the race with all these Zumba moves. It was VERY funny and i was wishing i had my camera as we were so unco!!




 We are hoping to be fitter next year and to run the whole way without stopping. :)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

The Kings said...

Well done girls! Would've loved to have done it with you. Love the last pic with the pink ribbon.

Unknown said...

Good on you guys for entering. I did it a few years back and loved it. It is a great cause especially when you know someone who has had cancer and you think of them as you run. Another great one is the Mother's Day classic in Hobart they have a 4km and a 8km run raising money for cancer.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...