I never thought about duck poo...

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Ok first off today was the day of my last exam so i am done with school for the year (WOOHOO!!!!) so some interesting posts should start to appear =)
After my exam today i met mum at Elaia for lunch, it is her day off and she had some appointments, only three weeks until the baby is born! But that is a whole other post!! lol.

Well anyway, mum was going to be ages in town and since i had my car and didn't have to wait for her i just came home =) I was like "Yay i am finished exams i can do what i want!!" ... But then i got home and of course Chey and Morgan were at school and Jory was at his appointment with mum, so i was very bored! I still have to go to Jayne's house and get all the books that are waiting for me! Just as i was thinking to myself how very bored i was i got a phone call from Chey asking if i would come and pick him up because he felt sick (because it is mum's day off and she has LOTS of jobs to do in town she has the boys in after school care so she doesn't have to worry about being in home in time to pick them up- i get them at about 6-ish) .. Anyway Chey was at after school care so i went and picked him up..
He seemed like he hadn't had a very good day and seemed in a pretty down mood.. I asked him if he felt sick or just sad but he kept saying "I don't really know" .. So i said that ice cream would probably make him feel better whatever it was, he replied "hmm" so i took that as a yes and we went to get ice cream. There is a new shop in Deloraine called "A little piece of heaven" yes it is the same as the one in Campbell Town.. The sign out the front said spiders and milkshakes but when we went in we were disappointed when they told us the maker was broken! So we settled for a normal ice cream, two scoops though ;)

I then said to Chey it would be nice if we walked around the river while eating it seeing it was such a nice day, he thought it was a good plan so off we went =)
Apologies for the photo quality- it was a spontanious trip and i only had my camera on my phone (yes yes i know Lisa i should always be prepared with a camera!)


He wanted to feel the water and was asking me if he could jump in.. I said "go for it" .. He didn't end up going in, he is a bit scared to swim in a river now after that boy drowned the other day. He was telling me all about it and how he "cried wolf" we had a good chat about what to do if you are really drowning and he felt better after that.. Chey is very sensitive and often is very sensitive to the feelings of others.. He has a very beautiful soft side, and he surprised me today when he accidentally dropped his napkin from his ice cream- he realised after we had walked about 20 metres and ran back to get it, he said he didn't want someone else to have to pick it up...

He really cracks me up, he comes out with the funniest stuff!! We were talking about the weather and how hot it was (30 degrees!) and he said "yeah my armpits were sweating like pigs today" Hahaha...

After we had been walking for a while we came to a dam and he said "can i get in THERE?" again i said "go for it" but this time i added "yeah sure, it smells just GREAT-not! Plus i'm sure it is totally not slimy and gross with all the duck poo!" ... He thought about that and said "nah i'll pass" .. We were walking along and he was showing me where his school does their cross country course, when he suddenly stopped and said "I never thought about duck poo" ... I wasn't sure what to reply to something like that! I asked him what he meant and he said that he'd never actually just thought about the fact that ducks poo... He was cracking me up!!!


He felt a lot better after our walk and ice cream.. Funny that =P It was probably just the heat because he said he was feeling sick in assembly in the hot hall.. It was nice to just do something with Chey. Often there isn't the chance as i am SO busy with school, working and homework, plus i don't get home until 4:30 which makes it hard. But now i am on holidays and have more opportunities to do the things i like =) It is going to be a great long hot summer!!!!! =D

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

The Kings said...

So nice that you did that with him! It's those little things that mean a lot and I'm sure he really loved it.
You have let me down though not taking your camera EVERYWHERE!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Man, he is such a sensitive, nice boy. He has a thing about littering, he always picks other peoples up and puts it in the bin! He always knows what you're feeling too! Line up girls, he'll be a keeper! Yes i am bias!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...