sunday will always come

Thursday, November 26, 2009

After trying to post about other things and all of them not working i realised that this is the only thing i want to blog about anyway. =)

I try to be a positive person as much as i can be, but it is hard. A not so old, but still very wise person once told me that "you can't feel positive all the time, would be nice if you could" ... I have thought about that.. And it is true. Some days suck!
Sometimes i wake up and it seems that everything that could go wrong, does. You know the days i am talking about!
Your alarm doesn't go off, the hot water runs out in the shower, the car window is frosty, you are late, the car wont start, people at work are rude, the sun hides behind a cloud, you step in a puddle, you bang your funny bone (and lets face it- it ISN'T funny!) .. and so on.. I like to call these days "Fridays" .. Not because they always happen on a Friday, but for something else. I got this really great quote in an email the other day from "youth gems" from church which are inspirational messages etc sent to youth every tuesday and thursday. I just love this one, and it fits perfectly.

“Each of us will have our own Fridays—those days when the universe itself seems shattered and the shards of our world lie littered about us in pieces. We all will experience those broken times when it seems we can never be put together again. We will all have our Fridays. “But I testify to you in the name of the One who conquered death—Sunday will come. In the darkness of our sorrow, Sunday will come. “No matter our desperation, no matter our grief, in this life or the next, Sunday will come.”
Joseph B. Wirthlin

I just love it. It is so true. No matter what, Sunday comes again.. A great day that gives me the strength to get through the week. Fridays can seem dark, lonely, cold, miserable, cranky or just plain sucky! Fridays happen to the best of us..

I wish i could be positive and happy all the time, but in reality, no one can. Some days i feel like the world is spinning way too fast and i just cant keep up.


Sometimes it feels like i have had a hundred Fridays in a row.

But then i stop and think. I make myself count my blessings one by one.. I remember how lucky i am, and try to stop being cranky & irritating. I remember what i love about life and especially what i love about the life i am living- which is a LOT! I remember that no matter how many crappy, yucky, horrible Fridays i have, Sunday will always come... =)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Nettie's Blog said...

Thanks for the inspiration ..i am now calling my down days "Fridays" as well....because there is always saturdays to get ready for sundays..the best day of the week...Yeah!!!

Anonymous said...

That is one of my favourite church quotes.
I am always saying to myself "Sunday will come Lorraine."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...